Chicago, Illinois 60601
- Commercial Law
- General Commercial Litigation
- Equipment Leasing
- Business Creation
Karl W. Roth is managing partner and founder of Roth Law Group. He concentrates his practice on commercial law with a focus on litigation. Karl’s experience includes a range of complex commercial litigation matters, including contract litigation, business torts, creditor’s rights, construction litigation, and equipment leasing litigation. He has represented clients in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois and in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Those clients are not just located in Chicago, they range from across the U.S. and around the world.
Karl has an extensive background in the manufacturing and construction industries and uses this experience to provide his clients with general legal counsel and valuable litigation avoidance strategies.
Karl is a Marine Corps Veteran and former airline pilot.
B.S., Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois, 1987
District of Columbia, 2002
U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2001
U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 2002
U.S. Supreme Court, 2007
North Carolina, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
- Obtained verdict at trial for Commercial Landscaping Contractor in Breach of Contract action.
- Successfully Defended Construction Company in complex litigation on Public Bond Claim involving construction of University Building located in North Carolina.
- Successfully negotiated settlement on behalf of Computer Technology Company on alleged Breach of Contract involving Website Development.
- Successfully negotiated six-figure settlement on behalf of an Italian-based Manufacturer of wood veneer products in a breach of contract action against U.S. based distributor.
- Successfully negotiated nuisance value settlement on behalf of a Multi-Media Company sued for violation of Non-Compete Agreement, thus avoiding business interruption and an injunction.
- Successfully negotiated settlement with Chicago Public Schools on behalf of Computer Technology Company involving dispute over Computer Services Agreement.
- Successfully prosecuted Commercial Foreclosure and other actions on behalf of a Colorado-based Mortgage Company.
- Negotiated the acquisition of Manufacturing Plant on behalf of a Chemical Manufacturing Company.
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation